Friday, December 21, 2012

Like It's 1999

Happy Mayan Apocalypse Friday!


As I discussed when reviewing THE DIVIDE, I have a profound fascination with apocalypses thanks to all the nightmares I've had over my life. But worry not, your Librarian of the Dead is not one who believes the Mayan-zombie-comet-flaming-Planet X apocalypse is really happening. I am wary of tomorrow, but more because I'm afraid of what other people with fewer critical thinking skills might do. It's something horror has taught me: Be more afraid of other people than the monsters.


One online comment I read suggested there will probably be a lot of kids born in September 2013 thanks to increased Apocalypse sex. My sister and I are both September kids. I didn't need to be reminded that we were Christmas conceptions, thanks.

But welcome, future fellow Virgo's of the Mayan Apocalypse Baby Boom. Life will be a little tougher for you than some of the other signs. You will likely be highly practical, introverted, a bit awkward socially, resistant to authority yet uninterested in leading, even if you are sometimes good at it. I have no advice, I haven't the faintest idea how to work this stuff out to your advantage yet. Good luck.

On that note, here's some Mayan Apocalypse info and just-for-funsies if you need something to do while everyone else is panicking tomorrow. Dear panicking people: Do what you want, but leave the rest of us out of it. Thanks.

My #1, Nasa's Beyond 2012: Why the World Won't End
Five Apocalypse Catastrophes - And Why They Won't Happen via LiveScience
Mental Floss' The Mayan Apocalypse: By the Numbers
Dark Side of Mayan 2012 Rumors via Space.com

Post Mayan Apocalypse Video Games for 2013 via Forbes
Buzzfeed's Best Craiglist Ads of the Mayan Apocalypse
Random Tumblr Apocalypse Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment