Saturday, December 8, 2012

Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters...



...I said it three times, did that work?

If you keep even half an ear on the film world I'm sure you've heard about all the back-and-forth, will-they-or-won't-they, crazy stories about the GHOSTBUSTERS sequel. It's been going on for years. There have been scripts, there have been revisions, there have been issues getting Bill Murray involved, it's been a debacle. Some people don't want to see this happen, but I'm too curious to be against it. Besides, a sequel being a bad idea has never stopped anybody before! And I think this could actually be a good idea.

A few days ago there was an article from /Film that discussed an interview Dan Ackroyd did with Esquire where he of course, talked about the film again. No solid news out of it, but it sounds like he's had his fill on all this frustration and is calling on Sony to either do it now, or forget about it. I don't blame him, after all the work they did. Kudos to /Film for this line, though:
"The guy is on a marshmallow man fueled rampage and I love it."
That's one I'll have to start incorporating into my everyday speech: marshmallow man fueled rampage. Check out both the article and the interview for more on Ackroyd's Stay-Puft rage:

Dan Ackroyd Challenges Sony to Make Ghostbusters 3 via /Film
Q&A: Dan Ackroyd is Keeping Ghostbusters 3 Alive via Esquire

No comments:

Post a Comment