Monday, December 3, 2012

Guillermo Del Toro's Haunting

Earlier today Deadline.com reported that Guillermo del Toro's next film "Crimson Peak" is going to be a haunted house movie. In the article,  he cites films like THE HAUNTING, THE INNOCENTS and THE SHINING as inspiration for the type of film he wants to make. He says:
"I think people are getting used to horror subjects done as found footage or B-value budgets. I wanted this to feel like a throwback."
Be still my black little heart! This is truly my favorite sub-genre of horror, and THE HAUNTING is one of the best films in the entire genre, as far as I'm concerned. Not to discount THE SHINING or THE INNOCENTS, the former is also one of my favorites and I think the latter doesn't get enough credit, which makes me happy that he mentioned it. I've just taken on THE HAUNTING as one of my personal crusades, especially after that crummy remake. The original version is amazing on so many levels, and I want the entire world to know!

I'm so excited that there will be a new, lovely, grand film to add to the haunted house canon in the near-ish future. Thank you Mr. Del Toro!!

No comments:

Post a Comment