Sunday, December 9, 2012

Days of the Dead @ Ax Wound Zine Blog!


I've got an article up on Ax Wound Zine's Blog about the evening I spent at Days of the Dead Chicago this past November. It was a fun little horror fest out in the northwest suburbs, my neck of the Chicagoland woods, and they had a great panel with the three leading ladies of ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL. As you may or may not recall, two of the three are horror actresses as well. See the article for more info!

I was very lucky when years ago, I stumbled across Ax Wound and "met" Hannah Neurotica, its founder. The zine focuses on exploring gender, sex and sexuality in the horror genre which was right up my alley. Gender and media studies almost became my unofficial second major in college I loved it so much. Hannah's amazing, and she has some fantastic people working with her that are just as passionate about the genre as she is. I've written for Ax Wound a few times over the years, never as much as I'd have liked to. Even if you don't go to read my piece, check out the website and grab a copy of the zine. If you love horror and want some brain-stimulation it's a must!

More about Hannah Neurotica

No comments:

Post a Comment