Saturday, April 27, 2013

House of the Blood Sisters Kickstarter


If you've been reading the blog for a while, you may have picked up on the fact that I'm big on supporting independent artistic projects. It takes a lot of passion and hard work to get your vision made outside traditional models, and I respect anyone that embarks on that journey. I can't always afford to support them financially (there are too many!!) but I like to do what I can to help spread the word.


On the surface, horror and musicals don't seem to go together that well, but the rare times it happens it's strangely perfect. I'm not that into musicals, but I absolutely loved both REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA and THE DEVIL'S CARNIVAL, and Joss Whedon did a stunning musical episode on BUFFY. The few musicals I have loved have been darker, either obviously or subtly, like PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and GYPSY, respectively. 

Producer/writer/director David K. Ginn and his co-producers Emily Foley and Joseph Bearese are trying to Kickstart their own vision of a horror musical called HOUSE OF THE BLOOD SISTERS. If you head over to their project's page, you can check out their video, and details in the film, including cast members they've talked to and/or booked for parts. If you're a World Inferno Friendship Society fan, you'll be psyched to know that they want to use frontman Jack Terricloth. WIFS is an awesome band, I saw them live many years ago and they put on one hell of a show. Jack would be fantastic in something like this. 

Even if you find you can't pledge anything yourself, I know this team would really appreciate anyone who helps spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment