Saturday, April 27, 2013

Crowdfund all of the things


Okay, I know this is going to be, like... super crowdfunding project day, it's just a coincidence that I've come across a bunch of really cool opportunities to support not only media creators, but also kindred comic-loving spirits, and since this is C2E2 weekend I'm feeling a lot of visual storytelling love. Disclaimer, these are not horror related projects, so consider this me being temporarily off-topic.


First off, Mind of Mirrors is a concept album turned into/combined with a graphic novel. Dan and Leland started working on this album, then realized what a great comic it would make. If you check out Dan and Leland's Kickstarter page, you can see a detailed summary of the story and characters, samples of the music, and some artwork by the artist they've gotten on board, Tom Hodges. It's foundation is a love story, but things get really weird for Jack, the main character, when he's sucked into a mirror world. So there's definitely a surreal, psychological, fantasy element to the book. 

Hulk statueIf, on the other hand, you want to support something that's a little more... huge, green, good at smashing things... then you definitely want to help the Northlake Public Library get their hands on this bad boy! A 9 foot tall statue of the Hulk to help promote their graphic novel collection, plus various technology and books that they'd like to give their community access to. If nothing else, support this project because there is no way in hell I am missing out on the opportunity to take a photo with a 9 foot Hulk statue. And that's exactly what I'm going to do when this project happens. I may have to hug it, because Hulk is like my personal hero. I always want to smash things. So if you want photos of me hugging Hulk, and my hilarious story about getting thrown out of the Northlake Public Library for the aforementioned hugging, this is your chance!






Mind of Mirrors via Kickstarter

No comments:

Post a Comment