Friday, June 21, 2013

A Little Too Close to Home



I'd like to have a bit of a "fireside chat" moment, if I may.

Not that the image above is what most of us think about when I use that phrase, but it's an incredibly soothing image to me right now so I'm going with it. For all my creepiness, at heart I'm a simple person, comforted by simple things.


I mainly want to express my appreciation for everyone who has been reading, visiting, and browsing the blog these past months. I know I've had a big drop-off in posting– Turns out, I do have a weirdness burnout factor, and boy did I hit it at high speed. I just need to scale it back a bit, even more so because of an overwhelming amount of real life stress that I've had to deal with lately.

On top of that, I just had a death in the family. As much as I believe reading and watching media where death is a theme can really help work out one's feelings about it, I don't think I'm quite there yet. I actually did have a couple of ideas already in the pipeline when this happened, so we'll see how those fare. It's a little tough to grab other words from the creative aether when the only ones spinning around and around in your mind in a dizzying sort of alphabet soup, are different ways of saying that someone has died. They are dead. They have passed away. They are no longer with us. They have gone on to a better place. They kicked the bucket.

I'm not sure if I've had this same experience after other family deaths, I don't recall. Does this happen to other people? A swirl of words about dying that makes you feel kind of sick to your stomach? If it makes me an odd duck, that will come as no surprise. But I think it just makes me a writer.

Either way, thank you for bearing with me if you have, and hug your loved ones while you can.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck getting through it. We'll all have plenty of weirdness waiting for you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And yes, I am completely sure you will!

      Delete