Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Last Exorcism Part II

While I love the horror genre in all of its forms and sub-genres, I also have special interests. When it comes to plot, I primarily enjoy ghost stories and slashers. As far as themes go, I'm fascinated with the role gender plays in a horror film and how religion comes into play. One of my dream life goals would be to write an in-depth article, paper or book on religion in horror. It just makes my brain come alive.

I enjoyed THE LAST EXORCISM for this reason, although I can't say it was well received all-around. A lot of viewers were not happy with the ending, the ambiguity they felt left with, etc. I love being left with questions after a film is over, although there is a difference between being frustrated by them and being fascinated.


The trailer for THE LAST EXORCISM PART II is out, and it departs from the documentary-style of the first film. After my issues with [REC 3] doing the same and having it take away from my enjoyment, I'm not sure what to expect from LE2. Will this answer some of the questions from the first film? Will the different style be better or worse? How the hell does one deal with the aftermath of of being possessed?



The Last Exorcism on Netflix
The Last Exorcism on Rotten Tomatoes
The Last Exorcism: Was it Possession... Or Psychology? via Screen Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment