Friday, February 8, 2013

A Recap and Look Forward



This has been one hell of a week for Women in Horror Month! If you haven’t been following all of the events and blog posts and links and everything over on Facebook or Twitter, then your head probably isn’t spinning as much as mine is.


There’s a lot happening, and some of it is probably pure coincidence-- like the amazing and adorable new episode of Written By A Kid on Geek & Sundry, which features a little girl named Emily and her Valentine’s Day Horror Story. She’s definitely another female horror creator on the rise! There was also a great interview that Nerdist posted with Gale Anne Hurd, who’s the Executive Producer on The Walking Dead (and has worked on a TON more amazing movies). Also, you can see where my tastes run based on the fact that I pay close attention to what Geek & Sundry and Nerdist are doing.

I think they should both officially get on board the Women in Horror Month train and celebrate with the rest of us (and I’m trying to get that message to them!) but hey... what do I know!


A few Women in Horror Month highlights from this week include:

No Ordinary Ghosts (history of women writing horror)
An Interview with Karen Black
Kate Lockley (profile of Angel character)
I’ll be taking a slight break over the weekend, but on Monday my Women in Horror Comics series continues, featuring local Chicago artist Jenny Frison. I’m excited about all of my features, but this time I get to gush all over the place about Hack/Slash. Audience members in the first five rows will get bloody, so bring a poncho.


Women in Horror Month website
Valentine's Horror Story from Written By A Kid
Gale Anne Hurd Interview from Nerdist

No comments:

Post a Comment